The HTC One S is one of the newest Android device coming from HTC along with the HTC One V and HTC One X. The HTC One S comes with Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3), HTC Sense 4, a 4.3 inches touch screen and a dual-core CPU. It is a great device and as usual very soon after its release it is possible to root it.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
The root procedure and Superboot was created by paulobrien @ XDA.
So what is superboot?
Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!
You will need to htcdev bootloader unlock your device to use this root solution.
Superboot can be downloaded from : http://android.modaco.com/topic/352493-how-to-root-your-htc-one-s-for-windows-mac-and-linux/
How can you use Superboot? [from XDA]
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume down' button pressed to enter the bootloader, then pressing the power button again to enter fastboot.
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
You can find more information about Superboot and ask any questions on XDA @ How to root your HTC One S (for Windows, Mac and Linux).
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.