The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is a new smaller Android tablet which is part of the Galaxy Tab series. Size is not the only difference compared to the Galaxy Tab 10.1: the screen of the 7.7 is using the Super AMOLED technology to provide a more vibrant display. This is a really nice device for folks who want a tablet that fits in their pocket more easily. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 can also be rooted quite easily, let’s find out how after the break.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
Jade Eyed Wolf @ XDA provided a script and the instructions to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, all the credits go to him.
Follow these instructions in order to root / jailbreak your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 [from XDA]
- Download the root.zip file on XDA @ [GUIDE] Root
- Download and install on your computer the latest Samsung KIES drivers
- Copy the root.zip file you downloaded above to your device’s SD Card
- Power off your Galaxy Tab 7.7
- Reboot your tablet and boot into recovery:
Hold Volume Up button and Power Button then release Power button
- In Recovery Mode, make sure you select install update from external storage
- Locate the root.zip file you copied over to your tablet and select it
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 will reboot and will be rooted.
You can get more information and ask questions to the developer on XDA @ [GUIDE] Root.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.