The Kindle Fire from Amazon is selling extremely well with about 1 million units sold every week according to Amazon. This makes it the best selling Android tablet out there, not bad for a first release. So if you got a shiny new Kindle Fire and started thinking about hacking it a little bit you might be concerned if you’re not a developer yourself. This is where Vashypooh @ XDA comes in as he created Kindle Fire Utility for Windows which aims at making it easier to do specific tasks for the Kindle Fire.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
What does Kindle Fire Utility does so far (v.1 at time of writing)?:
Currently the tool does:
- Automatic elevation to root for tool operations.
- Auto detect current bootmode
- Auto Detect ADB/Fastboot Online/Offline
- Auto download update.zip from Amazon.
- Auto download and install TWRP Recovery
- Manage current bootmodes.
Currently the tool comes packaged with the drivers required to operate ADB and Fastboot.
Kindle Fire Utility is easy to use, with menus that speak for themselves as you can see below:
You can download Kindle Fire Utility and ask questions to the developer on XDA @ Kindle Fire Utility.
You might also be interested in our other articles about the Kindle Fire:
- How To Root Your Kindle Fire
- How To Install Android Market on Kindle Fire
- How To Overclock Your Kindle Fire
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.