We continue to monitor the progress made by Team XRON and Leoisright @ XDA as they tweak CyanogenMod 7 Alpha 3 for the HP TouchPad tablet. While CM 7 Alpha 3 is fully usable out of the box, the tweaks added by Team XRON make it better so if you have a TouchPad you should definitely give it a try. Find out more after the break.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
The custom ROM created by Team XRON just exited Alpha status as the first beta release is out: VB1. This beta release introduces a couple of changes as you can see in the changelog below [from XDA]:
* Fixed Flash on install now
* Fixed Adobe Reader
* Fixed Google Video
* Added MiuiMusic
* Updated Apps
* Tweaked scripts
This ROM is far from done but it's time to make a Beta out of it. There will be quirks. Some experience reconnect to WiFi issue but I haven't had much problems. If you factory reset, wipe cache, then flash thru CWM you should be safe.
* Added better scripts
* Added MiuiMusic
* Tweaked media.profile
* Tweaked audio
* Added Wes Garner zipalign script to init.d
* Updated base to CM7.1 alpha 3
* Fixed some icons
* Added back in wifi printed support
* Added wifi adb
* Gapps included (no need to flash after)
* Sound is working
* SOD seems to be working right now
* Wifi connects on multiple boots just fine and stays connected
* Flash thru recovery now working correctly
* Themed back to the blues that we all seem to like
* Most all gapps are updated
* Market working fine along with GMail
* Opted pngs
* Install non-market set to true
* Speed tweaks help by hurtz777
We are still experiencing WiFi connectivity issues on our end but other than that this ROM is a great one and can be used daily. No need to go back to webOS for anything unless you want to do so.
CM 7 XRON-ified can be installed easily from CWM. You can download this custom CM 7.1 ROM for the HP TouchPad on XDA @ [vB1][CM7 XRON-ified][CM7.1 Alpha 3].
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.