The Motorola Atrix 2 is the successor of the Motorola Atrix which came out just a few months ago (in February). Given the short amount of time between the 2 releases the new Atrix 2 doesn’t seem such a big leap forward when compared with the original Motorola Atrix. Its screen is slightly bigger, the CPU is still dual-core but from Texas Instruments this time and the camera is a bit better: 8MP instead of 5MP and it can finally record in 1080p. In short the Atrix 2 is a good device and it can be rooted very easily in one single-click as you’ll see below.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
Jimmy273 @ XDA packaged the same exploit that was used to root the Droid Bionic so anyone can root / jailbreak the Motorola Atrix 2 easily in one single-click.
Follow these instructions in order to root your Motorola Atrix 2 using a Windows computer:
- Download the 1-click_exploit.zip file @ Root the Atrix 2
- Extract (Unzip) the content of the 1-click_exploit.zip on your computer
- On your Atrix 2, go to Settings > Applications > Development and select USB debugging to enable it
- Under Settings > Applications, make sure Unknown Sources is also checked
- Connect your Motorola Atrix 2 to your computer and set the connection type to Charge only (can be modified from the Notification bar once connected)
- Now on your computer, navigate to where you extracted the 1-click_exploit.zip file and execute runme.bat
- Wait until the program completes. Your phone should reboot and then be rooted
For other OS like Mac or Linux or if you need more information go to XDA @ Root the Atrix 2 and follow the instructions there.
You can also watch this step by step YouTube video below in order to root / jailbreak your Motorola Atrix 2:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.