Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.x) will be officially released in a couple of weeks and we have seen that it brings a brand new font to the Android Operating System. This font is called Roboto and thanks to 3xeno @ XDA it has now been extracted from an Ice Cream Sandwich system dump and can be installed on any Android device. Let’s find out how.
The Roboto font is available as a zip file which can be installed from Recovery. Simply download the FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip file on XDA @ Android 4.0 ICS Stuff, copy it to your device and reboot into Recovery. To install this font you will need to have root privileges on your phone.
In case the Recovery method doesn’t work, you can follow these instructions to install the Roboto font on your Android device:
- Get an app called Font Changer from the Android Market @ https://market.android.com/details?id=com.martino2k6.fontchangerlite&hl=en
- Download FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip file on XDA @ Android 4.0 ICS Stuff
- Extract (unzip) the file into a directory on your computer
- Now open the system then fonts directory
- Copy the 3 ttf files (Clockopia.ttf, DroidSans-Bold.ttf and DroidSans.ttf) inside the folder .fontchanger on your phone SD Card
- Select the font using Font Changer on your phone
- Reboot your device
Check out what the Ice Cream Sandwich Roboto font look like in the video below:
You can get more information about this font on XDA @ Android 4.0 ICS Stuff.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.