After seeing the CyanogenMod 7 release for the HP TouchPad you might be surprised to see that there are other flavors of Android coming to a TouchPad near you! Chomper Android or chdroid is another Android release you can try to install on your tablet. It is also an Alpha release and it is coming from China this time. Find out more after the break.
Chroid or Android for the TouchPad comes with several limitations since it is an early alpha build [from XDA]:
0. Initial language is Chinese only. You can switch language in settings (may need some tries and guess ).
1. Wifi switch is not working. Using webos Wifi switch. The network will always show airplane mode, but you can use the browser now.
2. Single touch so far.
3. Keys: Home: home, Power: power, Volume upper: back, volume down: menu
4. The whole IPK runs as OS so far, and will run in a card in next release.
5. SD card is not mounted so far, so any program using SD card will not work.
6. Usable space has only 11MB left, therefore any big APK will not work.
7. No google market so far. Put your apks in /APKS folder when you mount your tablet as a USB drive.
8. All other things do not work so far.
In case you want to give it a try you will be able to download the IPK file on XDA @ Android on Webos (chroid). Not sure of how to install an IPK file on your WebOS tablet, check out the following thread @ PreCentral: How to install a IPK file?.
The following YouTube video walks you through every single step to install Chomper Android (chroid) on the HP TouchPad:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.