The HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation have pretty much the same hardware specs: same amount of RAM, same dual-core CPU etc. so it is not surprising to see that #teamwin came up with a temp root solution that works on both HTC devices. Fre3vo is the name of the app and is the first step towards a full permanent root access on the HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation. Let’s find out more about this.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
#teamwin announced the release of Fre3vo a few days ago, Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool which allows users to access a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices. Temproot gives you temporary root access on your device, you will have to redo the procedure every time you restart your device. It’s like a tethered jailbreak for the HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation.
#teamwin also announced at the same time Fre3dom which is not available yet and will enable S-OFF on the HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation devices.
In order to install Fre3vo you need to:
- Have ADB (Android Debug Bridge, part of the Android SDK) installed on your computer
- Download Fre3vo (Fre3vo.zip) @ http://tinyw.in/1lJ
- Unzip the Fre3vo zip file on your computer where ADB is installed (unzip into same directory to make it easier)
- On your computer, open up a command prompt or shell and type: adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp
- Then type: adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
- Finally type: adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
- Now if you type: adb shell, you should get a # prompt instead of % which means you have root access
You can’t do a whole lot with this yet but this is a step in the right direction, stay tuned!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.