If you’re following the Windows Phone 7 news you may already know that Microsoft is pushing the Windows Phone 7 Mango (WP 7.5) to developers now. If you’re not a developer you would normally have to wait until this Fall to get it officially but thanks to the folks @ Windows Phone Hacker we now have a solution to install Windows Phone 7 Mango on any Windows Phone 7 device. More details after the break.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
The Windows Phone 7 Mango update will bring many new features to the Windows Phone 7 platform such as improved multitasking, faster browsing with IE 9, new Hubs features, new Enterprise features etc. Well a lot of exciting features so why would we wait for this Fall?
You can see a demo of Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) in the YouTube video below:
Follow these instructions to get Windows Phone 7 Mango on your device:
- Download the mangoforall_0.2.zip archive @ Get the Mango update now. Without being a developer.
- Install the Windows Phone Support Tool @ 32bit | 64bit
- Connect your Windows Phone 7 device to your computer
- Run the Update.bat command and follow the instructions on your computer’s screen
- A backup of your current phone is stored in C:\PreMangoState
- Zune should automatically open and prompt you for an update
- Once the first update is installed, Zune will prompt you for another one: 7661 which you should accept
Read the readme.txt in the mangoforall_0.2.zip file for more information. Note that the latest version of the Windows Phone 7 Mango Update tool does take a backup of your device to make it easy to rollback to NoDo when the official Windows Phone 7 Mango update comes. You will need to rollback to NoDo to install the official Windows Phone 7 Mango update later this year so keep your backup handy!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.