The Sony Xperia Arc and Neo smartphones are both Android devices running Gingerbread, the Arc has a bigger 4.2 inches screen while the Neo has a 3.7 inches screen. They share some good hardware specs both having a 1 GHz Qualcomm CPU and an 8 MP camera. They first came out with a locked bootloader like the Sony Xperia Play but can be unlocked and rooted easily. Let’s find out how to root the Sony Xperia Arc and Neo.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
Both the Sony Xperia Arc and Neo can be rooted using Gingerbreak, you don’t even need to unlock the bootloader first.
Follow these instructions to root your Sony Xperia Arc and Neo easily:
- On your device go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging
- Download Gingerbreak on XDA @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765
- Install the APK (latest version right now: GingerBreak-v1.20.apk) to your device not to the SD Card, it has to be installed directly on the device itself
- Run Gingerbreak and press Root
- Wait and your device will reboot
- Go to your App drawer and check that Superuser is installed and working
Enjoy your rooted Sony Xperia Arc or Neo.
You can follow the step by step YouTube video below which shows you how to root your Sony Xperia Arc, the same applies to the Sony Xperia Neo:
To root your Sony Xperia Play, follow our instructions @ Root Your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play – How To.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.