The LG Optimus 2X is a powerful Android device thanks to its 1 GHz dual-core NVidia Tegra CPU and thanks to faux123 @ XDA it can be overclocked to 1.5 GHz with a custom kernel. This is a 50% increase in the CPU speed, quite an achievement which will make your LG Optimus 2X blazingly fast if you dare installing a custom kernel on it!
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
You will need to root your LG Optimus 2X before you can overclock it, if you haven’t done it yet simply follow our instructions @ How To Root Your LG Optimus 2X.
There are 2 custom kernels available for the LG Optimus 2X:
- [Kernel]CM7 [188.8.131.52] (v0.1.7) OC~1500MHz/UV/SLQB/BFQ/EXT4
- [Kernel] LGE Stock FROYO[184.108.40.206] (v0.0.3) OC~1500MHz/UV/SLQB/BFQ/EXT4
Note that those kernels are in beta, use at your own risk. You can get the files using the links above, follow these instructions to install those custom kernels and overclock your LG Optimus 2X to 1.5 GHz or 1.2 GHz:
- Reboot in recovery (CWM – ClockWork Mod)
- In CWM, clear your device’s cache
- Now clear the Dalvik cache
- Select Install Zip from SD Card
- Reboot your LG Optimus 2X once done
Enjoy your overclocked device!
You can see some benchmarking being done on an overclocked T-Mobile LG Optimus 2X:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.