The Samsung Sidekick 4G for T-Mobile is mainly aimed at teenagers who love to text and connect with their friends on social networks. The Samsung Sidekick runs Android Froyo, offers a big enough 3.5 inches touchscreen and of course a sliding keyboard so you can text like crazy! If you own this device you’ll be glad to know that it can also be rooted very easily in one single click which opens the Samsung Sidekick capabilities.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
All the credits go to Kevinmac2049 @ XDA who released the instructions and Firon for the One Click Root application.
Follow these instructions to root / jailbreak your Samsung Sidekick 4G:
- Download the Samsung Epic 4G drivers:
- 32-bit drivers: here
- 64-bit drivers: http://firon.net/xda/usb_drivers_GalaxyS_x64.zip
- Download One Click Root @ http://firon.net/xda/one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5.zip
- Install the Samsung drivers on your computer
- Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Sidekick 4G: go to Settings > Applications > enable USB debugging
- Connect your Samsung Sidekick 4G to your computer
- Extract One Click Root to a directory on your computer
- Start / Run run.bat (Windows) or run.sh (Linux) and wait for it to complete its work
- Enjoy your rooted / jailbroken Samsung Sidekick 4G
Now you can install apps that require root privileges like SetCPU, Wireless Tether etc.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.