The eLocity A7 tablet is a budget 7 inches Android 2.2 tablet, it offers everything you can expect from an Android tablet these days: NVidia Tegra chip clocked at 1 GHz, built-in Wi-Fi, USB ports and a webcam. Not bad for about $300 on Amazon, you might even be able to find it at a better price elsewhere. Out of the box the eLocity A7 tablet doesn’t give you access to the full Android Market, let’s see how this can be fixed.
bestialbub @ XDA released the patched Google Apps for the eLocity A7 providing you with full Android Market access.
Follow these instructions to enable full Android Market access on your eLocity A7 tablet [from XDA]:
- Download the signed-update-a7-bbmod.zip file @ http://www.multiupload.com/HCVHTF0QHM
- Rename the file to update.zip and copy it your device
- Boot into recovery: hold power down while starting your tablet
- Into recovery, do a factory reset: wipe cache, factory reset and flash the factory ROM
- Once your eLocity A7 tablet rebooted, boot into recovery again
- Then apply the update from sdcard which will flash the update.zip file
- Do a factory reset again and reboot
Check out the eLocity A7 Tablet in the YouTube video below:
You can get more information @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1019846.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.