Thought you had to buy the new iPad 2 to be able to mirror its display to your HDTV? Think again as this is possible using the iPad 1 and some custom work! You’ll need to follow our instructions and have a jailbroken iPad or iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3 or later to achieve this.
All the credits for this hack go to the folks at Nature’s Eye Studio.
To enable the display mirroring on your iPad or iPhone 4, follow these instructions:
- Using SSH, navigate to system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/
- Get the file K48AP.plist (iPad) or N90AP.plist (iPhone) on your Mac and open it using Xcode (you can also use a plist editor on Windows)
- Add this line: display-mirroring boolean YES
- Now save the plist file and upload it to your iPad or iPhone
- Restart your iPad or iPhone
- Use the Apple VGA Adapter or Apple Digital AV Adapter to connect your devices together
To make it easier you can also get the files for the iPad and iPhone 4 @ Download the files @ http://download.natureseyestudios.be/files/iOS/display-mirroring-plist.dmg.
You can see the iPad display mirroring in action in the YouTube video below:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.