The Archos Internet Tablets (101, 70, 43, 32 and 28) are some of the best and most affordable Android tablets. While their screen isn’t as good as the Motorola XOOM screen, the sticker price is also not the same… Rooting the Archos 101 and others became even easier with the release of Archangel a one-click root utility for the Archos tablets.
Note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device, rooting or customizing your device can be risky. If you follow the instructions carefully you will be fine!
All the credits go to archaism1 @ XDA who released this one click root solution for the Archos 101, 70 and others.
Archangel works on firmware 2.0.71, 2.1.2 and 2.1.3, many users have reported they were able to successfully root their device using this application.
Follow these instructions to root your Archos 101, 70, 43, 32 or 28 Internet Tablet [from Archos 101 one-click-root for firmware 2.0.71 using Archangel]:
- Download the app @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928767
- Make sure you have 10mb of space available on the internal storage
- Make sure you are connected on Wi-Fi
- Run the Archangel app
- Click to install SuperUser application
- Click to get root!
- Check everything is working correctly, try an app which needs root
- Once you have root you can tick the "Permanent" root option to always have root.
- Party Hard!
You can see how to root your Archos Internet Tablet step by step in the YouTube video below:
If you’re interested in the Archos Gen8 Internet Tablets you might also want to read:
- How To Root Your Archos Gen8 Internet Tablet
- Archos Apps Installer Updated to v5 – Full Android Market Access
- Using Archos Apps Installer to get Full Market Access on Archos Gen8 Tablets
- How To Install Android Market on Archos 101 Tablet
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.