The ViewSonic gTablet is an Android tablet with a 10.1” screen, it is also powered by a NVIDIA Tegra 2 chipset which makes it a powerful device capable of running Froyo as well as Honeycomb when it will come out. The hardware is not bad but the software on this device is less than optimal. That’s why we’re glad to have a great community developing custom ROMs and more for the ViewSonic gTablet. Today let’s take a look at how you can enable full Android Market access on this tablet.
ViewSonic didn’t do much to protect their device which is nice, why bother anyway since the community will find ways to work around it!
Out of the box the ViewSonic gTablet comes with a crappy UI and it doesn’t have full Android Market access, luckily it is quite simple to work around it.
Follow these instructions to get access to the full Android Market on the ViewSonic G Tablet [from XDA, all the credits go to scsione889]:
- Open the Android Market application.
- Once you’re in it, close it using the Home button
- Now go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications (System Applications for TnT or TnT lite users) and select Market
- Select Clear cache and then press Force stop
- Press back to go back to the Applications list and select Google Services Framework
- Select Clear data and then press Force stop
- Now go back to your home screen and start the Market application again
- You should receive an error, if not go back to step 3 and try again
- Once done reboot your ViewSonic G Tablet
- Open up the Market app again and then reboot
- Open the Market application again and you should have full Android Market access
You can see the ViewSonic G Tablet running a custom ROM in the video below:
To get more information go to XDA @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865245.
If you have any issues with this method try to follow those steps @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861044.
If you are interested in enabling full Android Market on an Archos Gen8 Tablets follow our instructions @ Archos Apps Installer Updated to v5 – Full Android Market Access.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.