A few days ago we were telling about how to enable full Android Market access on your Archos Gen8 Internet Tablet (101, 70, 43, 32, 28) and today we are discussing a different way to get full Android Market access using another application called archos-apps-installer (gAppsInstaller). Some users have reported they prefer this one over the other method and yes Froyo is supported.
Update (01/04/11): To root your Archos Gen8 Tablet read our article @ How To Root Your Archos Gen8 Internet Tablet
This app was released by kenyu73 @ XDA, the installer is quite small and does contain only what is required. You can download any additional application directly from the Android Market once you have access to it.Update (12/29/10): gAppsInstaller v5 has been released, check it out @ Archos Apps Installer Updated to v5 – Full Android Market Access
Follow these instructions to get full Android Market access on your Archos Gen8 tablet:
- Reset your tablet to factory default (stock) especially if you’ve used a different method to get access to the Android Market (as described in How To Install Android Market on Archos 101 Tablet)
- Download gAppsInstaller_v4.apk @ http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list
- Copy the apk file to your Archos tablet
- Using the Files application install the apk
- Select Install only core apps
- Reboot your device
You have full access to the Android Market!
In case you’re missing some apps on the Market you can fix it (some applications are protected):
- Go to Settings > Manage Applications > All > Market and pick Clear Cache then Force Stop
- Go to Settings > Manage Applications > All > Google Services Framework and pick Clear Data then Force Stop
- Reboot your Archos Gen8 tablet
You can see what can be done with the Archos 101 tablet once you got full Android Market access:
You can get more information about Archos Apps Installer (gAppsInstaller) @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867303.
If you are interested in the other method to enable full Android Market access on your Archos Gen8 tablet go to How To Install Android Market on Archos 101 Tablet.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.