You must have seen this week the new keyboard layout that was added in Android Gingerbread (2.3) and I am sure you would like to be able to install it right now on your Froyo (2.2) device! Thanks to the folks @ Droid-Life this is now possible on a rooted device. Check out the instructions after the break.
All the credits for this Android Gingerbread keyboard for rooted Froyo device go to Peter Alfonso and the folks @ Droid-Life.
Follow these instructions to install the Gingerbread keyboard on your Android device:
- Download the file GingerBreadLatinIME.zip here
- Copy the zip file to the root of the SD Card of your device
- Boot your phone into recovery
- Install the zip file just like you would install themes or other things
- Reboot your device
- Once your phone is rebooted you will need to select Android Keyboard as the input in the Android Settings
You can take a look at what the Gingerbread keyboard looks like in the following YouTube video:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.