The folks at @ Modaco who brought us VISIONary a temporary root solution for the T-Mobile G2 have now been able to temporarily root the HTC Desire HD using the same VISIONary application. VISIONary is extremely simple to use and it is now available on the Android Market.
All the credits for this root application for the HTC Desire HD go to Paul @ Modaco.
The r9 release of VISIONary was released recently, take a look at the changelog below [from 19/Oct r9: VISIONary - one click temproot for Desire HD]:
- Much faster - thanks lilHermit for your help with the native code
- More optimizations - please re-read initial post for an update.
- Far more reliable root sequence
r5 - MAJOR UPDATE!
- Process is now faster and ultra reliable!
- Run on boot can now be toggled from the main screen
- Application will no longer let you root if you're already rooted
- Changes for Market compatibility (regular download not updated).
- Application now warns if USB debugging is not enabled
- Added run-on-boot version
- Now using tmpfs for reliability (thanks disconn3ct)
- Superuser.apk now lives on /data/app so settings persist (thanks disconn3ct)
- Initial Release
Note that USB debugging should be enabled for VISIONary to work.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.