Sony Internet TV with Google TV has been out for a few weeks now and Apeman @ AndroidForums has already been able to boot the TV into recovery mode which is the first step toward rooting the Sony Google TV. Find out how to boot your Sony Internet TV after the break.
The instructions from Apeman are straight forward as you can see below [from Sony Google TV hack!]:
- Have everything plugged into the unit except the power cord. Have the power cord in your hand.
- Press and hold the power button and plug the unit in.
- Continue to hold down the power button for 3 seconds after plugging it in, then release the power button.
- Wait a couple of seconds and it will say Sony, then you will see the recovery screen.
- After it loads, press and hold the connect button on the unit. Then follow the directions at the bottom of the screen (Press and hold ALT+ENTER) for 8 seconds/until the bottom message changes. It will change back to it saying that you have to press the CONNECT button, but your remote IS connected.
- You can now press the numbers assigned to the commands!
Apeman was also kind enough to release a YouTube video which shows step-by-step how to boot the Sony Internet TV into recovery mode:
You can get more information about the hack @ http://androidforums.com/google-tv/201827-sony-google-tv-hack.html.
[Post picture from Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/photos/sony-shows-off-google-tv-a-video-of-it-anyway-at-ifa/]
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.