The folks at DroidPirate have recently been able to extract the lockscreen files from a Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition ROM and they have ported it to the Motorola Droid X and the regular Motorola Droid 2. This lockscreen is really slick and it’s a must have if you are a Star Wars fan!
Note that some of the files used in this R2D2 lockscreen are proprietary and it may be illegal to use this lockscreen replacement. Proceed at your own risk.
Before you can use this Star Wars R2D2 lock screen you will need to have a rooted device, take a look at the instructions in our articles:
As usual please make a backup of your device prior to doing anything!
Follow these instructions to install the R2D2 lockscreen on your Droid X or Droid 2:
- Download the files @ http://droidpirate.com/2010/09/26/metamorph-%E2%80%93-droid-x-%E2%80%93-starwars-lock-screen/
- Download the MetaMorph application from the Android Market if you don’t have it already
- Copy the archive you downloaded to the ‘Android Themes’ folder on your SD Card
- Choose Unzip/Extract New
- Follow the instructions on your screen
- Your device should now reboot, reboot it manually if it doesn’t
All set! Enjoy your new Star Wars lockscreen.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.