LexusBrian400 @ XDA shared some changes he made to the build.prop file of a Motorola Droid X, those modifications can increase your device battery life or make it run faster. Some users have reported those hacks had a positive impact on their Quadrant score for example.
The following hacks are included:
- Make the phone ring faster
- Enable better scrolling through the lists
- Increase battery life by changing Wi-Fi settings
- Dalvik VM heap size change
- Change LCD Density
You can see the changes @ [UPDATED][MOD] LOTS of Build.prop edits!.
A new build.prop file is also available there if you want to apply all the changes to your Motorola Droid X.
You can install the hacks using the following 2 methods [from [UPDATED][MOD] LOTS of Build.prop edits!]:
Method 1 - ADB
2. Put the build.prop in your android-sdk\tools folder
3. Connect your phone via usb, make sure it shows up with adb devices
4. adb remount (or whichever way u prefer to mount ur system)
5. adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
6. adb reboot
Method 2 - Root Explorer
1. Copy the build.prop to the root of your SD card
2. Long press on build.prop
3. Select "Copy"
4. Navigate to /system
5. Click R/W in the top right corner
6. Paste, and overwrite
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.