The Windows Mobile port of Android 2.2 (Froyo) for HTC devices is now final! The folks behind the project recently released the final build that is fully working on the HTC HD2 or HTC Touch Pro 2 for example. This is quite an achievement and shows that both Windows Mobile and Android are flexible and open platforms, congrats to the XDANDROID team.
If you feel like trying Android 2.2 on your Windows phones, you can follow the XDA thread and download all the necessary files @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=6967724#post6967724.
Here is the change log of the latest XDANDROID build [from [prj][XDANDROID][2.2][AOSP][17.09.10]FRX01 Final Build :)]:
FRX01 by stinebd
- Added full language pack
- Added Chinese and Japanese IMEs
- Boot animation speedup (ro.opengles.version=1 sync from upstream)
- GApps package update (thanks to CyanogenMod)
- Replace Gallery3D with Gallery, for stability improvement
- Several changes to enable userland Camera support (from bzo, still needs kernel support)
- Userland built-in WiFi tethering support for Rhodium (rootfs changes and testing needed)
- Signed XDAndroid release packages
- Updated startup configs
- Using andboot as default root directory
You can see Android 2.2 on the HTC HD2 in the following YouTube video:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.