TGA_Gunnman @ XDA released an application that will root or unroot your Samsung Galaxy S (AT&T Captivate) in just one click. This program works on Windows or Mac and greatly simplify the rooting process for this new Android device. What are you waiting for ;)
As usual rooting your device can be risky and it may void your warranty. You’re following this process at your own risk, we will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
This root solution was tested on both a stock Android 2.1 (Eclair) as well as a stock Android 2.2. All the credits go to TGA_Gunnman, LeshaK, Dr.Hani Akrim and gunnarhafdal.
The application is simple to use as you can see from the screenshot below:
Instructions for Windows:
- Download the 1-click root solution @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742403
- Put your device (Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Vibrant on T-Mobile or AT&T Captivate) in USB Debug mode –> Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Check USB debugging
- Install the Samsung drivers on your computer, get them @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728929
- Extract the archive (GalaxyS_I9000_One-Click_Root.rar) using Winrar or 7Zip
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable
- Launch Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root
- Click on One-Click Root 2.1 if you run Android 2.1 on your device. Use One-Click Root 2.2 for Android 2.2
Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy S!
For Mac rooting instructions and unrooting go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742403.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.