The Samsung Galaxy S (Samsung Vibrant on T-Mobile USA, AT&T Captivate, Verizon Fascinate) is one of the most exciting Android device to date thanks to its powerful CPU, its AMOLED display and dedicated GPU. It has been released very recently and has now been rooted and on top of that it’s easy to do… What are you waiting for?
Ok, don’t be scared the rooting process is extremely simple and the chances of bricking your device are very slim!
All the credits for this rooting method go to justadude @ XDA as well as Leshak @ Samdroid.
As usual rooting your device can be risky, it may void your warranty and you’re following this process at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Here are the rooting instructions:
- Download the SGH-959 Root Update.zip file @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723479
- Rename it to update.zip
- On your Samsung Galaxy S device go to Settings > Applications > USB Settings and pick Mass Storage
- Connect your device to your computer and select mount USB
- Copy the update.zip file to internal memory of your device, there should be around 14Gb of memory on this memory slot
- Power off your device
- Now to access your device recovery: hold down both Volume Up and Down while booting up your phone
- In the recovery menu select Reinstall Packages
Enjoy your rooted device!
If you have any doubts, check out this step by step video tutorial by zedomax:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.