We have recently mentioned you can get Live Wallpapers on the HTC Droid Eris, now it is time to take a look at how you can get them on the Samsung Moment. Live Wallpapers have been introduced on the Google Nexus One which was released a couple of months ago.
This hack was released by the SDX-Developers and all the credits go to them.
Here are the installation instructions (using Joeykrim’s Recovery Mode):
- First of all you will need a rooted Samsung Moment, see the instructions @ How to Root your Sprint Samsung Moment
- If you want to get more information about Joeykrim’s Recovery Mode, take a look @ http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-1-5-development/joeykrim-sdx-recovery-2-1-3-472010/
- Download the Live Wallpapers file @ http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-1-development/live-wallpaper-for-2-1-%28working!%29-3d-n1-drawer-%28working-with-some-issues-%29/
- Copy the file into your SD Card.
- Reboot your phone in Recovery Mode: Power it off and Hold Volume down as well as Talk and End when the phone reboots.
- Apply the zip file from the SD Card using the Recovery Mode menu options.
- Reboot your device and you should be all set.
You can see the end result in the following video:
You can follow the thread on SDX-Developers @ http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-1-development/live-wallpaper-for-2-1-%28working!%29-3d-n1-drawer-%28working-with-some-issues-%29/.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.