Sprint Samsung Moment’s owners have been waiting for an Android 2.1 update for a while now and thanks to the community this update is finally there! Sprint is also working on an update which might come soon but we don’t have any ETA yet. Full details after the break!
Android 2.1 comes with several updates (from Wikipedia):
- Optimized hardware speed
- Support for more screen sizes and resolutions
- Revamped UI
- New browser UI and HTML5 support
- New contact lists
- Better white/black ratio for backgrounds
- Improved Google Maps 3.1.2
- Microsoft Exchange support
- Built in flash support for Camera
- Digital Zoom
- MotionEvent class enhanced to track multi-touch events
- Improved virtual keyboard
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Live Wallpapers
The install instructions are quite simple:
- Download the Moment_2.1.7z file from http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=1436.0
- Extract files from the archive using 7zip into a directory on your computer
- You will find a file called SPH-M900_MR2_DD03_REL.tar, copy it into the Sprint Update Tool binary folder.
The default path to the Sprint Update Tool binary folder is typically C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary
- There should be no other files in the Sprint Update Tool binary folder except the DD03.tar
- Launch the Sprint Update Tool to flash the Android 2.1 update. See http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=731.0 for more instructions on how to use the Sprint Update Tool.
Take a look at the following video and decide if you want to upgrade ;)
You can follow the SDX-Developers thread @ http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=1436.0.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.