Max Manila is an application that lets you customize HTC Sense, it has been around for a while and a new beta Max Manila 2.6 was released recently. It comes with an impressive list of enhancements, it would be a shame not to try it!
Max Manila 2.5 can be downloaded here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551489 and the latest beta here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5087800&postcount=1819
The ability to go full screen (removing all the TouchFlo/Sense tabs as well as the Windows Mobile top bar) is simply amazing, it gives you a lot more space on your screen.
I also love the 4 notification icons: Call History, Calendar, Text Messages and Emails.
If you don't want to bother installing Max Manila yourself I recommend to get a custom ROM with Max Manila cooked in. I am using the EnergyROM build 28014 by NRGZ28 and it just rocks!
Here are some of Max Manila key features:
- 8 clock arrays + 1 large analog
- Call History and Calendar - up to 3 appointments
- Weather on demand
- 4 notification icons (Call History, Calendar, SMS, Email)
- 12 / 16 / 20 shortcuts
- Panoramic / BG4all / Default wallpapers
- Retractable tab icons
- Full screen mode (in 2.6 Full Screen works only with Windows Mobile 21XXX builds not 28XXX)
- AutoLock and AutoMute function (orientation activated)
- Transparent slider effect (front tab icon removed)
- Full and Lite version
You can find some screenshots and additional downloads at XDA-Developer
Max Manila 2.6 is still a beta so expect some bugs but it's definitely worth a try.
See in action on Youtube:
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook Fan page to stay updated.